Thursday, November 6, 2008

In Namche again

I'm in Namche again on the way down. Feeling good, cold almost gone. It's pricy here so I'll be quick. Click on my profile and then on to Brian and Annelle's blog. They have a few photos downloaded. I'll figure the photo thing out when it's 20 rupees per hour in KMD rather than 20 per minute here.

Oh, and YEA YEA YEA Obama. People here are very excited and hopeful. It's amazing how closely they've been watching. It's BIG news here. One sherpa woman was wearing an Obama button : )

Later all. I should be KMD in a few days (3, 4, who knows). The airport in Lukla just opened today after being fogged in for 3 days. The weather is clear and beautiful now.

Oh, and Madonna (Like a Prayer), is being blasted in the room below. Odd.

Namaste

4 comments:

Shannon said...

So does being in Namche mean you are in a lodge again? And getting to enjoy flush toilets and showers?

I'm headed over to read Brian & Anelle's post.

Happy trekking. Glad you are feeling better!

And OF COURSE . . . . YEAH, OBAMA!!!!

Shannon said...

Okay this comment is for all the other readers - definitely go to Brian & Anelle's site. T didn't mention the nice group photo with her in it. :)
Click "View My Profile" just next to her photo and then choose their link.

Linda said...

Yeah! I am so happy to hear about and from you again. You look happy in the picture on you friend's BLOG. And very happy to hear that you did not get altitude sickness; though we're sorry about Holly. Can't wait for a call to hear your voice. We miss you terribly.
Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Congratulations on making it! What a challenge. I can't wait to hear the details of the trek. I'm so sorry Holly had to leave early - I'm sure she was very frustrated.